Best Pressure Canner Reviews
- 1 Best Pressure Canner Reviews
- 1.1 What is canning and why should you use a Pressure Canner?
- 1.2 Factors to consider before buying a Pressure Canner
- 1.3 A quick look at a pressure canner features
- 1.4 How to use a Pressure Canner?
- 1.5 Here’s a list of the Best Pressure Canners
- 1.6 Stainless Steel Pressure Canner Reviews
- 1.7 Recap
What is canning and why should you use a Pressure Canner?
You need a pressure canner to preserve low-acid foods such as vegetables, flesh of chickens, turkey, geese (poultry), meat, etc, raised for food. Pressure canning helps avoid spoilage of these food caused by bacteria. It is easy to preserve these foods with pressure canning because a pressure canner allows processing heat at a temperature of 240⁰F unlike the regular boiling water temperature of only 212⁰F. For more information on pressure canning you can check out this website.
Preserving such low-acid foods is good for you because you can enjoy the well-balanced diet anytime of the year. So using a pressure canner is a necessity.
Factors to consider before buying a Pressure Canner
There are a couple factors that you would want to consider before you invest your hard earned money on a pressure, such as:
- Metal Types and Quality: the pressure canners are manufactured predominantly with aluminum and stainless steel. Some canners are heavy and some light-weight. While it depends on the user, a heavy canner can last long, people believe it’s more durable; a light-weight pressure canner on the other hand can be easy to move around or transport.
- Safety features: most pressure canners come with a rubber over-pressure plug, which is good.
- Size: the appliance comes in different sizes and the capacity ranges for 3 quarts to 22 quarts and more. Choose the one that suits you and your family the best.
- Handle design: be wary of the design of the handle; choose the one that wouldn’t burn your fingers while removing the lid, and should be easy to lift and move.
- Warranty: longer the warranty period, the better.
How to use a Pressure Canner?
Here’s a list of the Best Pressure Canners
All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
This is a heavy-duty pressure cooker and its capacity is best utilized for canning. It’s made of cast aluminum. Unlike other pressure cookers/canners this canner does not need a rubber gasket to seal the lid on top of the pot, instead it comes with screws. Overall it’s sturdy appliance – and it’s heavy.
Its 21-1/2 quart capacity holds 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars.
The pressure regulator has three-settings – 5 psi, 10 psi and 15 psi. It is a durable appliance with great quality, manufactured in the United States.
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
Presto is a brand you can trust. This is Amazon #1 Best Selling product with a 4.7 out of 5 rating from 1400 customers. That tells a story. This appliance is great for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles and salsa. It’s very handy as a large pressure cooker as well.
Priced at around $100 range, this is definitely one of the best pressure canner your money can buy. This canner is also made of aluminum for fast, even heating. It comes with an impressive 12-year extended warranty. The pressure dial gauge tracks and registers the complete range of processing pressures.
In terms of capacity, as title specifies is a 23-quart pressure canner (21.8 liters).
Like we already mentioned, it is a very popular appliance at a good price, with great quality and warranty.
Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner
Another great product from Presto! This is a 16-quart pressure cooker/canner, which is just perfect for canning. It’s ideal for first time canners or people with glass top range.
Comparisons have been made between this Presto and an All American Canner – this is light-weight, but cans as well as the All American heavy-duty.
Since this is the only method recommended safe by the USDA for canning meats, vegetables, poultry and seafood, Presto 1755 16-Quart could be the best one for home canning. Just like the Presto 01781 we’ve reviewed Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum comes with 12-year warranty as well.
Over 500 delighted customers have given a 5 out of 5 rating on Amazon for this very product.
Stainless Steel Pressure Canner Reviews
Okay, so here we are with details on stainless steel canners! Evidently most pressure canners are built with aluminum, steel ones are rare. We did find a couple small steel canners, what follows are the details and reviews.
Fagor Duo 10 Piece Stainless Steel Pressure Canning Set
Preservative-free recipes such as soups, vegetables can be prepared for a healthy lifestyle with Fagor Duo 10 piece home canning set. This is not as heavy as the ones we discussed earlier but good enough for canning at home. It’s versatile – you can use it as a cooker as well as a canner.
While a canner will have a pressure gauge and would allow varying the pressure based on what you are canning, this appliance is more of a cooker with basic canning utensils. However, there are customers who have used it to can and are satisfied with the performance.
This is an all-in-one kit that includes the tools, instructions and recipes necessary for you to begin pressure cooking & canning at home. Fagor also provides a Home Canning Cookbook with recipes, Pressure Cooking Booklet with recipes and an Instructional DVD to show appreciation for buying their product.
Victorio VKP1130 Stainless Steel Multi-Use Canner
Victoria VKP1130 is a versatile canning appliance. The built-in indicator has three color-coded elevation settings, which is impressive. It allows for timing of water bath processing. And the clear glass lid is a wonderful addition.
This is another small stainless steel multi-user canner that can be great for induction stove. It is not as heavy-duty or powerful as the aluminum ones but good for home canning.
It comes with 5-year warranty as well.
Remember: Pressure Cookers are different from Pressure Canners. A pressure canner comes with a gauge and that is important to keep in mind while choosing one. That helps make your canning process efficient for obvious reasons.
- We briefly discussed the reasons for pressure canning
- How we can avoid spoilage of low-acid food like vegetables, meats, poultry and sea foods by canning them
- We reviewed the top rated pressure canners on the market
- We also reviewed the home canning Stainless Steel stuff
- To read more reviews and interesting articles click here
We hope this article was useful to you. Please share your thoughts and comments!