NP-NVC10 Rice Cookers and other Top Rated, Best Rice Cookers Reviews
- 1 NP-NVC10 Rice Cookers and other Top Rated, Best Rice Cookers Reviews
- 1.1 How to use a rice cooker or steamer?
- 1.2 Recap
Rice cookers come in various shapes and sizes. The elements to factor in while buying rice cookers are: cooking with minimum effort, safety, durability and easy of cleaning. Some people confuse a cooker for a canner. Cookers are used basically for cooking and steaming, while pressure canners help canning, to preserve the nutrients in low acid foods, such as sea foods, poultry, meat and certain vegetables.
You may also want to consider the size of the rice cooker based on your need ie., the number of people and the amount of rice each will consume. Let us review the best rice cookers and look at each of those factors in detail.
Rice Cookers Reviews
Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker
NP-NVC10 is a 5-1/2-cup Induction heating Pressure Rice Cooker is the most intelligent rice cooker ever made! It uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) along with advanced fuzzy logic technology. How does it benefit you? Well, the pressure cooker “learns” and adjusts the cooking cycle to get you the perfect results every single time. The cooking pan is a non-stick infused with platinum on the inside that changes the quality of water and allows rice to absorb water easily for better tasting rice.
This Induction Heating transforms the inner cooking pan into a heat conductor. This allows for increased, more precise and uniform cooking temperatures.
Varieties of rice you can cook with NP-NVC10
This pressure cooker has some excellent menu settings to cook various types of rice including:
- Brown Rice: the preheating time is extended in this case for better water absorption ensuring that the temperature is low so that the brown rice is cooked longer without becoming mushy.
- Sushi Rice: menu setting is like the one for regular white rice, but uses less water for a firm finish.
- Mixed Rice: this is another type of rice that is cooked with additional ingredients and seasonings. This menu setting elongates the preheating so that the seasoning is absorbed better. The cooking temperature for mixed rice is lower than temperature for cooking white rice, to ensure that the additional ingredients and seasonings don’t boil over.
- Porridge: Zojirushi IH pressure cooker’s menu setting for porridge helps you avoid the sloppiness that larger amounts of water can lead to. It allows for the porridge to be cooked longer for soft texture.
This is another new great feature with this pressure cooker. The term Umami comes from the Japanese word meaning “deliciousness”.With this setting, the rice is soaked longer before cooking. During the soaking time the sugar contained in the rice is released into the water, and then reattaches itself on to the surface of rice while being cooked. This makes the cooked rice taste sweeter.
There are other key settings that set this cooker apart. Here they are:
- Steam-Reduce setting: reduces steam to half (50%) of the regular setting
- Scorched setting: to give the rice crispy texture, this setting slightly toasts the bottom
- Automatic keep warm: great feature that allows the rice to keep warm even after cooking’s done. Keeps it warm up to 12 hours
- Extended keep warm setting
- Reheat function
- Keep warm monitor: does a variety of functions such as detecting the number of times the lid was opened, the amount of rice left and the temperature required to keep it warm and so on and so forth
Without a doubt, this is technologically most advanced pressure cooker system on the market. It’s a class of its own. You will be delighted, if you owned this pressure cooker.
How to use a rice cooker or steamer?
A quick look at the Best Rice Cookers:
|5-1/2 cup||Fuzzy Logic||$$$|
Aroma 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma 8-cup is easy to use, with programmable digital controls. It includes automatic keep warm and white rice and brown rice functions. It also offers a 15-hour delay time to plan your meals. You could steam meat and vegetables while rice cooks below – a handy feature.
This digital rice cooker can perfectly prepare 2 to 8 cups of any variety of rice. On an average, a person consumes 1 to 2 cups of cooked rice, which means you can serve up to 8 people.
Operating the cooker is simple with a press of a button (On/Off rice cooker) and it is easy to clean as well.
Around the $30 range, this cooker definitely is a good product for the inexpensive pricing.
Oster CKSTRCMS65, 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker
This black colored Oster rice cooker has the capacity of 6 cups cooked rice. You can serve up to 6 people. It comes with a removable non-stick pot and tempered glass lid. Looks stylish!
It also offers the automatic keep warm feature with indicator lights. This is also an On/Off rice cooker, meaning works with the press of a button. Priced at $20, it is great for a small family.
Aroma 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Another top rated rice cooker from Aroma that is extremely inexpensive and very popular. This Aroma rice cooker prepares 2 to 6 cups of cooked rice. Simple and easy one touch operation switches to keep the rice warm when finished.
It comes with a non stick inner cooking pot and all its accessories can be cleaned with dishwasher for easy cleanup.
This cooker is also perfect for oatmeal, soups, jambalaya and chili. Overall for this a good product loved by customers at very affordable prices.
Black & Decker 14-Cup (cooked) Rice Cooker
Black & Decker 14-Cup comes with a tempered glass lid, a steamer basket, non stick cooking bowl. It also has the keep warm cycle setting and warm indicator lights to advise when rice is cooking and when it’s complete. It automatically switches to a lower heat once cooked.
Black & Decker’s capacity is to cook 14-cup rice and it is built to North American Electrical Standards.
- We discussed the elements to consider before buying a rice cooker
- We reviewed NP-NVC10 rice cookers in detail
- We watched a video on how to use a rice cooker
- We also reviewed some of the top rated, best rice cookers on the market on this article
- To read more reviews and interesting articles click here
There is no one best rice cooker that for everyone. Your wants, needs and preferences will be different but do consider the points we have outlined and buy the one that best suits you.